Internships Are a Great Way to Show Initiative
By Ada Taylor
Meter Staff Writer
Looking for an Internship? We can help!
Nowadays a degree is the new diploma; everybody has one. As a result, employers are looking for candidates who have gone the extra mile during their time in college, and an internship is a great way to show initiative.
Here are some of the easiest ways to find one that suits you:
- LinkedIn: This a great tool to find both internships and your future career, so it’s great to start a profile now! Be sure to include a resume, volunteer work and recommendations!
- Interships.com: An easy way to apply to multiple jobs fast. You can specify whether you are looking for paid or unpaid internships, which season you would prefer and which area of study you’re interested in. All at the click of a button!
- Talk to your advisor: Advisors tend to have loads of information at their disposal that they are just looking to share! Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- The Career Center: TSU wants students to succeed, and that is why we have a career center. Be sure to stop by and see what they can offer!
- Internmatch.com: With listings from more than 30,000 companies, this website specializes in internships as well as entry level jobs.